Shadow Box Craft
Sep 07, 2022
Curious about how to construct your Happy Harvest shadow box activity?
We've got you covered. Take a peek at our video tutorial for a hands-on how-to.
Rather follow step-by-step?
- Place your chalk board over the thumb tack to see its position in the shadow box. Try standing it up on a flat surface so you can see what areas will be visible around the chalkboard.
- Remove the chalkboard and begin placing your leaves inside your shadow box.
- Once you're happy with the arrangement, place the chalkboard back over the thumbtack.
Do you like what you see? Move to Step 4.
Not quite happy yet? Repeat steps 2-3.
- Take your chalkboard and leaves out of the shadow box.
- Flip the leaves over and apply glue dots around the edges. (Be sure to apply them on the back of the leaves!)
- Press your leaf down firmly in the place you had planned out in Step 3.
- Repeat Steps 4-6 until all your leaves are attached to the shadow box.
- Find a good spot for your pinecones in the shadow box.
- Once you know where you want them, attach glue dots to the bottom and side of the pinecone.
- Press it into the shadow box, firmly enough so it sticks but gently so the pinecone doesn't break. Repeat.
- Use your chalk to write a message on the chalkboard.
- Hang your chalkboard over the thumbtack.
Ta-da! You did it!