Heart String Art
Feb 07, 2023
Your hands are constantly working for you, so let's give them something fun to do!
The hand-eye coordination used in this activity helps to strengthen the connections in our brains, while also helping us with dexterity.
- Foam heart
- Colored string
- White string
- Poke a peg into each dot in the heart. (Make sure it's all the way in, because this will hold our string in place!)
- Untangle the multicolored string if it is tangled. Ours was! This makes it much easier to complete the rest of the activity.
- Tie a knot with the multicolored string around one of the pegs.
- Wind the string around each peg until all the string has been used.
- Feed the thick, white string through each of the holes in the top and tie a knot in the back to use as a door hanger.
Still need some help? Watch the video below for a visual demonstration.